Wt to do for mom

She take at breakfast tea biscuit,at 10am rice fish vegetable,at 2pm puffed rice,At 10pm rice fish vegetable.She sleep for 4hours.morning 45mins yoga 30 mins walking.She has pain in neck waist knee.her breath smells bad from 1month.She is not loosing weight. What to do?for her joint pain which doctor should I consult?

Doctor Answers (1) on Wt to do for mom

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...joint pain may be due to osteoarthritis...cause at this age is osteoarthritis... It's a degenerative bone disease...There’s no cure for osteoarthritis as yet, but there are a number of treatments that can help ease symptoms and reduce the chances arthritis becoming worse...options are analgesics, NSAIDs,intraosseous steroid injection and hyaluronic acid injections,Physiotherapy like strengthening exercises etc ... Treatment depends upon the stage...I would suggest you to consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.