Wound on leg not improv
I got a deep scratch on my leg hit by sharp wood corner 2 days back i applied betadine two days but no improvement in wound. today went the medical store from where i got betadine he gave me amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate tablet 650mg Now please tell me am i going right or is there any good medicine to improve wound.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...it would have been better if you had posted a photo. If the wound is plain and no pus discharge is present then plain topical antibiotics creams like mupirocin and fusidic acid cream. If there is pus discharge, then you will require oral antibiotics like ammoxicillin and clavulunic acid 625 mg twice daily for five days. But it is better to consult a dermatologist or general surgeon once for further evaluation.