Leg Wound

Hi Doc, I got injured in leg as bike skidded off and my leg hit footpath. This was 1.5 months back. Area of wound was large. Now the wound has healed 90%. A wound just as finger tip is still raw. I see that watery liquid (Not yellowish) is getting generated daily and hence delaying healing (Yellow circle in picture). Though it dries off again this liquid gets generated and the dried surface becomes watery. I consulted Dr. Prashanth BN in Vijayshree hospital. I have been dressing regularly and pain has reduced quite a bit. I used Augmentin D as antibiotic and betadin as ointment before dressing. I also used turmeric powder as its ayruvedic. What should I do now to get the wound healed completely? I am currently out of station. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Leg Wound

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. As I can see most of the wound is covered with granulation tissue which is a good sign. Apply a fusidic acid ointment or mupirocin ointment or a mega heal ointment twice a day daily and keep the wound as dry as possible. Do not apply any bandages or anything. It will heal soon. Have a nutritious diet. Do not try to touch or scratch the area. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
It is difficult to advise without examining you. Please go back to the doctor and discuss your problem with him.