Whitish boil on finger

It looks like a wart on my finger. Initially it was small and then it started growing. Kindly advice on what I should do to remove it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Whitish boil on finger

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
What you are having is a wart as you have correctly pointed out. Warts are viral infections caused by Human Papilloma virus. There are no tablets for this. It either resolves on its own if your immune system takes care of it. If not it has to be destroyed by physical methods like laser or electric cautery, or by chemical methods like salicylic acid 24% or 17% salicylic lactic acid combination. You can apply the combination lotion available as duofilm or salactin paint or the 24% ointment available as dersol. This has to be carefully applied only on the wart daily night. This softens d wart and it falls off in 20 to 30 days. Recurrence is common though. If it recurrs visit a dermatologist near you who will remove it with a laser or electric cautery. In my experience laser also has more recurrence than cautery. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore