White scars

I had radio frequency treatement for molloscum contagiusm, now its ten days I started getting new skin which is white incolour surronded by black line...can u please tell me if the colour of the skin remains white

Doctor Answers (1) on White scars

Thanks for the query. Molluscum contagiosum is a viral disease. It depends on what treatment you underwent. It also depends on the facilities available at the clinic. To name a few, electrocautery, radio frequency , cryotherapy and curettage. The Dermatologist will suggest a treatment option based on the body part affected and considering merits and demerits of each procedure. It may recur after a treatment and you need to repeat the treatment. Higher doses of zinc helps to prevent a relapse. Meet a Dermatologist to understand more about your skin condition. Mst probably the colour will become normal in another few weeks. Hope it helps Dr MK Agarwala