White patches on face

I am having white patches on my cheeks.this is the third time i am facing this issue.when I was in btech i got that i have undergone treatment of dermotoligist(picon ontiment)it got disapperead again i got i used same ontiment it disappeared. now again i got.is it suggestable to use same ontiment? Doctor is saying that it will happen because of sun burn but i dont even exposed to sun now a days so this time its not that issue i think...do it comes because of any vitamin deficiency or what may the cause please let me know

Doctor Answers (1) on White patches on face

Thanks for the query. Probably this is an allergic reaction to sunlight medically termed as polymorphic light eruption abbreviated as PMLE. Topical steroids /immunomodulators and adequate sunblock are main stay of treatment. Physical protection in form of broad rimmed hat and umbrellas also helps. Preexposure results in recurrences which are unpredictable. Comorbidities needs to be addressed. Meet a Dermatologist for better understanding of the sufferings Hope it helps.