White layer around penis

Hi there seems to be a white layer around my penis. It's sticky and If I put water on it, it peels off but sometimes it hurts. I don't have any pains during urination. Lately my wife has also been having some irritation around her vagina. Can it be STD. What should we do as of now before visiting doc
views-icons 368 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question Infections involving the genitals can be shared by sexual partners. That's why they are called sexually transmitted. However, infections often need testing and treating. Often it can be a simple yeast infection that thrives in dark, wet and warm places. Other times it can be more serious. Another point to consider if either of you have had unprotected sex with anyone else. Since this can be a sensitive issue and can complicate relationships it is better to seek professional help so no misunderstandings are created. If you have had such an episode its better to be upfront and both should get tested for currently known STDs. It is difficult to diagnose  skin related conditions without seeing them with your own eyes so it is important to show the doctor what you are seeing. That will help greatly with the diagnosis. Pl see a dr specialising in skin and DVD. hope this helps
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?