White dry patches

White dry patches are developing on my face . application of moisturising cream removes dryness but the patches remain. and the dryness is also a recurring problem. everytime i apply moisture dryness goes but comes back again
views-icons 63 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on White dry patches

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Apply a moisturiser daily, several times if needed. Use a moisturising face wash. Generally white patches with scales as in your case occur either due to a type of allergy called pityriasis alba or due to dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis). A rarer cause is leprosy, but you will also have loss of sensation on the patch in that case. It is hard to diagnose the problem unless I see it. Also I cannot prescribe medicines online. Please visit a dermatologist near you to get your condition diagnosed and appropriately treated. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore