Whey protein v amino acid

Hi, I am on weight loss program. In last 4 months I have lost 15 Kgs. My current weight and height is 83 kg and 5'6" respectively. Now I have flattened my belly. On my further road to weight loss I want to get ripped and have more muscle. I don't want to lose my muscle. So to complement my protein requirement I was looking for some supplements. Now I am confused between whey protein and amino acids. Which is better? Or combination of both could be used? If yes then which amino acids and what proportion with whey protein. Help me :)

Doctor Answers (1) on Whey protein v amino acid

Sagar KS Bangalore | General Practitioner
Hi, proteins are building blocks of our body, protein is made up of polypeptide chains, each peptide is made up of amino acids. So amino acids and proteins are same. Some amino acids are synthesized in our body, some amino acids are required from diet. If you want to build body take protein rich diet like egg, pulses,chicken etc. Consult dietician and general physician for good protein supplements and furthur care.