Weight loss & Hair Loss

I've Thyroid (hypo), TSH Level is 7. From 5months i'm under the treatment of thyroid (tab:thyronorm-25mcg). I've lost lot of weight and become very lean, my weight is around 37kg. I've lost lots of hair too, almost 50%, it's become dry and dull and lots of splits. I'm scared of baldness please assist me. I'm worried, My marriage is around the end of the year. Taken all kinds of treatments for hair tried all kinds of oil and tabs. Please help me in increasing weight and thickness of hair.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. I guess there's still some hormonal / thyroid imbalance going on with you. You'll benefit by repetition of the tests and to look for tsh levels.Would be great if you could come down for a proper check up and consultation of visit any other qualified dermatologist. Don't ignore this further, coz probably a single unsolved issue may be the reason for all your symptoms. Warm regards, Dr Govind S Mittal, Excel care hospital, Bangalore.