diabetes-icon

Weight gaining

Hi. my height is 5:10 going to gym from last 5 years still not gaining weight...I have also taken very heavy diet I also eat after every 2 hour still not getting aney result ..I gain very slow and also loss my weight very rapidly...what to do plzzz suggest me

Harisha N L

When you're underweight, you may feel full faster. Eat five to six smaller meals during the day rather than two or three large meals. As part of an overall healthy diet, choose whole-grain breads, pastas and cereals; fruits and vegetables; dairy products; lean protein sources; and nuts and seeds.  Don't fill up on diet soda, coffee and other drinks with few calories and little nutritional value. Instead, drink smoothies or healthy shakes made with milk and fresh or frozen juice, and sprinkle in some ground flaxseed. In some cases, a liquid meal replacement may be recommended.  Some people find that drinking fluids before meals blunts their appetite. In that case, it may be better to sip higher calorie beverages along with a meal or snack. For others, drinking 30 minutes after a meal helps  Snack on nuts, peanut butter, cheese, dried fruits and avocados. Have a bedtime snack, such as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or a wrap sandwich with avocado, sliced vegetables, and lean meat or cheese. Add extras to your dishes for more calories — such as cheese in casseroles and scrambled eggs, and fat-free dried milk in soups and stews. Even when you're underweight, be mindful of excess sugar and fat. An occasional slice of pie with ice cream is OK. But most treats should be healthy and provide nutrients in addition to calories. Bran muffins, yogurt and granola bars are good choices. Exercise, especially strength training, can help you gain weight by building up your muscles. Exercise may also stimulate your appetite.