chest-icon

Weather change

Cough and cold during weather change. Bulgum gets collected in the chest and create problem in breathing in the morning and evening. The pollution also affect in oxygen intake while cleaning the room or dusting.

Dr. Vinod Veerapalli

In my practice, during last 2 weeks, I have seen many patients complaining of similar symptoms. There is a viral infection that went epidemic. Antibiotics won't help. Take Syp. Ascoril 10ml twice daily and T. Levocet 5mg at night. Steam inhalations help loosen the phlegm so that you can cough it out. Expect cough to last for a week. If fever develops, then you need to consult your family doctor for physical examination and initiation of antibiotics.
Dr. Parmod Kumar Garg
General Physician 43 yrs exp Delhi
It is a common problem. Be suitably clad with full sleeves & light wollens specially early morning & late evening & night. Keep well hydrated with warm liquids/ water to keep bulgum thin. Plain steam with out adding vicks etc. Is best home procedure  & is highly rewarding. Using moist hanky as mask while cleaning & dusting can prevent inhalation of pollutants by say 25% Do not indulze in self medication
Consult Family doctor if develop fever, wheeze (noisy breathing ) or bulgum gets fowl smelling/ dirty yellow.