Weakness in right hand

Hi met with an accident 22 days back, In which i suffered sudden jerk to my neck. Doctor said I have normal disc slip on 5-6 vertebrae and spasm near neck. I underwent physiotherapy for week and medication by orthopedist. Now my neck pain is less but I feel weakness in my right hand sometimes like when I ride bike for more then 30 mins or hold mobile. What is this? What should I do in such case?

Doctor Answers (3) on Weakness in right hand

Dr. Hitesh N Patel Ahmedabad | Spine and Pain Specialist
Continue with physiotherapy. Continue muscle relaxant medications for a week more. If the weakness increases, get MRI done and referr back with reports.
Dr. Vijay Patil Mumbai | Hand Surgeon
I agree with Dr Darekars assessment of nerve compression as the most likely cause of the symptoms. Even though the weakness has presented a few weeks after the injury, ruling out a disc prolapse is important. In the initial stages after the injury, the spasm of the neck muscles keep the area protected and sometimes the clinical picture becomes more obvious only when the spasm is relieved. I also agree that a good clinical and MRI are the next appropriate steps.
Dr. Mangesh Darekar Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
You may have a traumatic disc, the weakness needs to be examined clinically and an MRI needs to be done. The weakness corroborated with the MRI findings will warrant further treatment, conservative or otherwise. I feel you should consult a spine surgeon.