Weak stream at end

I think ive had this problem for a while now but recently noticed that it could be more concerning. My urine stream is generally fine but towards the end it becomes weak and comes to a weak dribble. I end up having to strain a little and push it out. I also feel that maybe a little bit of the urine stays in my urethra. At rare instances I feel a very mild pain during urination but this doesn't really last. Are my problems normal or should I see a doctor about this

Dr. Suresh Radhakrishnan
Urologist 3 yrs exp Chennai
Hi At your age a stricture of the urethra needs to be ruled out. You will need a urine test for culture, uroflowmetry , ultrasound of your urinary tract and depending on the flow test an urethrogram. Please see an urologist for this.
Meanwhile you can try "milking the urethra" to prevent the dribbling at the end of urination. Please do an internet search for the term for detailed explanation.