Weak cornea

Recently when i tested my eyes. doctor said to have done penta cam test and as a result he told me to go for lazer operation for the same. is there any other way to strengthen my cornea.

Doctor Answers (4) on Weak cornea

Dr. Harjeet Singh Kolkata | Ophthalmologist
What do you mean by weak cornea . There is no term like that. You mean weak eye sight due to power. Doctor has adviced you to get rid of power by laser or Lasik surgery. Lasik is not done if the corneal structure is thin and doctor will not advice Lasik for it. Pentacam may have shown favourable cornea that is why he has adviced Lasik. Is it retina which you are confusing with cornea? This if it has retinal weakness needs strengthing by another laser before Lasik. Please talk to your doctor in details to be clarified before any procedure is done
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
hello laser is to get rid of glasses there is no treatment to strengthen the cornea
Dr. Arjun Kumar Singh Patna | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
The Pentacam is valuable tool for assessing patient for laser vision correction, it is eye scanner which provides data critical to planning of the treatment. Laser doesn't strengthen cornea.
Dr. (Maj.) Arun Baweja Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Laser is not for strengthening of cornea.Rather it is done to correct refractive error.Pentacam test is a way of assessing your cornea.