Wax in ear

Hey, I get wax in ear every year in winter season. I use clotrin drops to get it out. But its a repetitive process and i hope there is nothing wrong here. Can you throw some light on the above issue? Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Wax in ear

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Wax or cerumen is a protective coating produced by your ears to muffle excessive loud sounds which would otherwise have rendered you deaf.
Do not  attempt to use cotton buds to clean your ears as you will only end up pushing the wax further into the ear potentially damaging the eardrum or canal wall skin. The skin if the ear is 15times more delicate than normal skin and use of cotton buds is analogous to using sandpaper on normal skin.
DO NOT USE STEREO EARPHONES TO LISTEN TO MUSIC FREQUENTLY.
If you are prone to frequent colds with itchy throats, consult an ENT specialist to rectify the core issue as this frequent clearing of throat causes the eustachian tubes to block leading to decreased air pressure behind the eardrum which has a domino effect in accelerated wax production in ear canals.