Water in knee

My mother have a pain in knees and extra fluid . Doctor did a procedure to remove the extra fluid by injections and gave some medicines but after one week the knee swell again with excess fluid.. please help me...

Doctor Answers (1) on Water in knee

Dr. Arunabha Das Darjeeling | General Physician
Painful swelling along knee joint is most likely a case of OSTEOARTHRITIS OF knee joint concerned about. This may be associated with diabetes mellitus type2 and hyperuricaemia. Osteoarthritis is a disease where bones along the joint erode cusing inflammation of joint cartilages and tissue around it. Swelling is due to compensation of this inflammation. Please check X RAY OF concerned knee joint AP + LATERAL VIEW. Blood for fasting blood sugar, PPBS(2hrs), uric acid, For conservative management, consult in private session. You should also consult any orthopaedician urgently. Avoid exercise completely. Avoid tomatoes, sugars, potatoes, citrus fruits and dairy products, including yogurt. Take guavas mostly.