Water brash

I am a 20 year old guy. i have done an endoscopy and have been diagnosed with hiatus hernia. My only symptom is that i produce excessive saliva throughout the day. i don't get heartburn. Saliva is usually thin, watery and little foamy without any taste. i have to keep spitting every few minutes throughout the day. it is very annoying. i also suffer from occasional belching and coughing. i have taken medications prescribed by my doctor- norgel DSR and Ganaton OD 150mg, but it does not seem to be working. Also when i am really busy or my mind is diverted i do not produce saliva that much. once or twice a week i have to throw up in the mornings because i swallow some of the saliva accumulated in my sleep unconsciously . it is taking a toll on me mentally. it is socially very frustrating too. i am not being able to concentrate on many important things like studying. What kind of diet should i follow? what kind of other tests can i get done? how to get relief from this horrible disease?
views-icons 24 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Water brash

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well all these symptoms are because of hiatus hernia only...its better you consult a surgeon once and take an opinion whether any procedure is required... Please continue taking the medicines as even though they don't cure it,it will help to keep your condition in control...