Hi. Greetings. The following would help you :
1. Daily use of sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure
2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm. Reapply during lunch break during office hours.
3. Peeling agents and skin lightening agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan and improving your natural skin colour and reducing spots.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for chemical Peel and micro derm abrasion - this will indeed help.
5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed.
6. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.
Skin colour is genetically determined. If your skin colour has become darker than before then the reason for the same should be sought. General precautions you should follow are :
Stay away from direct sunlight.
Always wear 30+ spf sunscreen and protective clothing.
Stay away from OTC fairness creams or self medication
Consult a qualified dermatologist to understand reasons for darker complexion and suitable treatment depending on the cause.
You may undergo few peeling sessions for better results if your dermatogist advises so.
Dr Vijay Adhe,
Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic,