Walking in sleep

I walk in sleep and talk rubbish. I have tried meditation, but of no respite. One night I was trying to open the door for going out. Please suggest something.

Doctor Answers (1) on Walking in sleep

Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Treating the underlying condition, if the sleepwalking is associated with sleep deprivation or an underlying sleep disturbance, medical condition or a mental health disorder
A change of medication, if it's thought that the sleepwalking results from a drug
Anticipatory awakenings ― waking the sleepwalker about 15 minutes before the person usually sleepwalks, then staying awake for five minutes before falling asleep again
Medication, such as benzodiazepines or certain antidepressants, if the sleepwalking leads to the potential for injury, is disruptive to family members, or results in embarrassment or sleep disruption for the person who sleepwalks
Consult psychiatrist and physician for further evaluation and treatment.