Vomiting and loose motion

Hi sir my 16 month old baby is vomiting followed by a watery poo from last 3 days . she vomitted 5 to 6 times from 6pm to 10:30pm on sunday,we gave ondem syrup 2.5ml vomit stoped. But Monday she got loose motion within 15 to 20 minutes after food that too more than 10 times. Tuseday she got watery poo one time and then she was okay. But on Wednesday morning she vomited two times just after breastfeeding and she is not eating anything and she got watery poo more than 8 times, she is crying while doing poo otherwise she is OK. What to do to stop vomiting and loose motion and to increase her appetite

Doctor Answers (1) on Vomiting and loose motion

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety....history you have provided is suggestive of gastroenteritis...loose stools and vomiting cause fluid loss and dehydration, so give plenty of water, juices,oral dehydration salts to replenish fluids and electrolytes...take your child immediately to nearest pediatrician for clinical examination and for assessment of fluid loss they will do the needful.