Vitamin e for sleepcramps
I used to get cramps in my thighs & legs during sleep and waking up. so i physiotherapist recommend me to take evion vitamin e (green). there after the problem was quite solved, but as soon as i stopped taking the pills the cramps started to come again. so is it safe to take 1 tab daily throughout my whole life or not?..

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Supplements with strength exercise for u
Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 17 yrs exp Noida

Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur, Orthopaedic surgeon from Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. Welcome to Practo. As far as your cramps are concerned, it is most likely that they may be due to low calcium or Vitamin D. So I would suggest that you get the following blood tests fasting to find the cause of the cramps: calcium, phosphorus, Alkaline phosphatase, vitamin D levels, pth, uric acid, serum vitamin B12. Vitamin E tablets will not cause any harm but they are not a permanent solution to your problem. Revert back to me with blood investigation reports.