Vitamin d very low
Recently I hv done blood test and found my vitamin D ( hydroxlvitamin d) was 3.9. Which is quite. I thought to have inlife vitamin d3 medicine. Is tht okay? If not which docter is good.. n I have also hypothyroidism which went down to 6.5 from 17 . I m consuming 50mg medicine. I m sure does this corelate to each other

Dr. Harisha N L

Hey, Sensible sun exposure, especially between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm produces vitamin D in the skin that may last twice as long in the blood compared with ingested vitamin D. Foods thought to contain high amounts of vitamin D3 are oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and blue fish, as well as fortified milk and other dairy products. After correction of their vitamin D status with oral vitamin D, patients should have a repeat test of their 25(OH)D level to confirm that they are in the normal range...Consult nearest endocrinologist they will do the needful.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Pune
Yes both can be correlated. ..meet MD physician
Dr. Narendra BS
Vit D is low- start C. D Rise 60k - 0-0-1, once a week for 8 weeks, followed by once a month for 6months. For Hypothyroidism- increase the dose of levothyroxine to 75 mcg- 1-0-0 (Empty stomach), recheck TSH, T4 after 2 months & pls visit an endocrinologist for further management. TSH & vit D levels do not correlate to eachother or change with either of their deficiency, though vit D deficiency has been related to a number of causes.