Vision problem
After accident my father is seeing double images and due to this not able to walk properly. Although when he tries to see through one eye the vision is perfect. The problem occurs only when both eyes are opened. Consulted few doctors but they are saying everything is fine with eyes and brain. I have done CT scan also but the reports are normal. Any help regarding what might be the cause for this and where to go for its treatment. Any hospitals in kolkata that can provide treatment for this kind of problem would be better

Dr. Arun Rajan
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Tirunelveli

Sounds like he could have an extra ocular muscle palsy (paralysis of one or more of the muscles that help in eye movement) secondary to his head injury. This should resolve by itself in most cases, but recovery is slow. So be patient and keep reviewing regularly with your doctor.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello This could be due to nerve palsy. He needs a squint specialist who will perform cover test to find out the nerve that is at fault. These nerve palsies usually resolve with time without treatment. If it doesn't resolves even after 6 months ....then your father will need specific treatment