Viral fever touc

My wife has bloated touncils with pain in ear, high fever (fluctuates low after taking paracetamol), blocked nose, not able to sleep because of uneasiness. She has taken paracetemol only...any help

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Seems like she is suffering from pharyngotonsillitis. Ask her to drink lots of water and have soft diet, avoid oily and spicy foods. Ask her to do gargles using betadine throat gargles thrice a day. Follow the instructions given on the pack of the throat gargle bottle. Paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day with rest. Consult a ENT Specialist for further help if it doesn't seem to come down. She may require antibiotics. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...it looks like she could be suffering from upper respiratory tract infection. Paracetamol will only help control the fever temporarily. If the tonsils are infected, she will have to started in oral antibiotics like levofloxacin, ammoxicillin clavulunic acid. For running nose, you can give her antihistamines like levicetrizine 5mg in the night. Ear pain could be a referred pain because of upper respiratory tract infection. But it will also need clinical examination to check for any perforation. For now she can do saline gargles, three times daily and have plenty of fluids and bed rest. Consult a ENT specialist for further evaluation and treatment with antibiotics.