Viral Cough with itchines

Its been 5days now my grandmother had her viral fever which succumbed but the cough still persists. Its irritating her throat n she had tried some of the home remedy too but no satisfactory results..Please kindly lend me some help so that would atleast make her better.And is anything serious will she be fine??

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT Specialist in your city to examine you & do the needful. If you are able to make it to Bangalore, I would be very happy to help you out myself. My clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar is easily navigable on Google Maps.
Dr. Pradeep Kumar Palakonda
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 11 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
This kind of situation happens very often due to improper medication, usage of less than required dosage or duration of antibiotics. She needs a cough suppressant syrup & a chlorhexidine gargle for a while to become totally normal.