Venlafaxine side affects

For my severe Anxiety problems my Doctor has prescribed Venlafaxine 75mg for first day (after dinner), and there after 150mg for 2 months. I took the 76mg yesterday night. After having the capsule (Venlor-XR 75mg) I had the following problems: I could not sleep, Sweating, Bloating, Gas, Indigestion, and Shooting headache. Hence, I would like to know should I continue taking the medicine or should I re-visit the doctor for change of medicines?

Doctor Answers (3) on Venlafaxine side affects

Not always all the medicines r helpful, so try 1 to 2 days more, then if it is not managable , consult ur psychiatrist.
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
If you have any doubts in taking the prescribed tablet, talk to your doctor who has prescribed it. Talk to the doctor with your symptoms.
Get help from a psychotherapist
Make little lifestyle changes to have a positive approach to life
Varsha B G Bangalore | Psychiatrist
These are the common side effects experienced initially as soon as the medication is started. You can take it in the morning instead of night as it might cause sleeplessness when taken in the night. Digestion symptoms,headache all subside eventually in few days ..say in a week s time.If the problems are unbearable you consult the doctor and he will guide you further.