Vegitative state
My father who went in coma since 04/08/2015 due to hypoglycemia, now he is stable, without any external equipments like oxygen, tracheostomy nd all, mainly i am looking for a treatment from wich my father can turn to normal

Can you please share the CT and MRI Images in private consultation area
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query. Recovery mainly depends on extent of brain injury he is having due to hypoglycemia (hypoglycemic encephalopathy). And which depends on how long he was hypoglycemic and unconscious due to hypoglycemia. As of now there is no treatment for vegetative state,people in vegetative state often experience medical complications such as pneumonia, respiratory failure, infections, etc. which may reduce life expectancy. So supportive measures to be given to prolong life and to prevent medical complications. Please have regular follow with your doctor.