diabetes-icon
Varying blood suger
My Blood suger after moderate meal of 4 chapatti dal n veg is 280 after 2 hrs. But after 4 hrs it drops to 100. I m taking metformin SR 500 mg . my fasting suger is 130-140. Why my blood suger vary so much .kindly guide

Dr. R. Anbazhahan
Diabetologist 27 yrs exp Chennai

Try and reduce chapathi, rice or any carbohydrate consumption to 50 % and fill up your stomach with Dal and vegetables that grows above ground level which is rich in fiber. This will help to stabilize the sugar.
Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 16 yrs exp Mumbai
Sugar variability to greater extent is not good. You should consult Diabetologist for this. In my opinion reduce Glycemic load at once, take small frequent meal with optimum medication dose. Acarbose or Voglibose with metformin combination are better for post prandial sugar hike control.
Hi..... Consider dietary changes. Low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets may increase insulin levels, so you may want to consider a low-carbohydrate diet .. Don't severely restrict carbohydrates; instead, choose complex carbohydrates, which are high in fiber. The more fiber in a food, the more slowly it's digested and the more slowly your blood sugar levels rise.....