cardiologist-icon
Varicous veins on arms
Sir, I have too visible and thick various veins on my arms for some 10 yrs now. I cannot wear half sleeves shirt in front of other people and I feel very embarrass to talk to anyone whenever I am without a shirt. I wanted to know that is this problem has solution and is it treatable by medicine or any operation. If yes then please advice me for the same because I am going to get married very soon and I am in a fix. Please advice and help.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Noida

Consult a Vascular surgeon Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Chandrashekhar Munjewar
Cardiologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
Yes, of course there is a treatment. An interventional cardiologist trained in peripheral interventions or an interventional radiologist can do a procedure called ENDOVENOUS LASER THERAPY (EVLT). There are other procedures also like compression stockings, sclerotherapy and surgical treatment (vein ligation, stripping etc.). But I think EVLT will perhaps be the best option in your case. But as I always say, first meet your doctor, get properly examined, do the preliminary investigations like venous Doppler of leg veins and then discuss these therapy options with your doctor and then proceed accordingly. Hope these helps. Dr Chandrashekhar Munjewar www.thefitheart.in

What causes big veins in arms