Vaccination of Rotavirus
Just wanted to know the Vaccination doses of Rotavirus. I wanted to know the time difference between all doses. Can we pre-pond/postponed the vaccination of my child from due dates. Docs has suggested that it can be done max by one week. Pls suggest..

Dr. Harisha N L

you can adjust the dates within 1 to 2 weeks...vaccine is Live, attenuated oral vaccine indicated for immunization to prevent rotavirus gastroenteritis in infants and children different types are RotaTeq: 3 Dose Regimen Pentavalent vaccine; prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by the G1, G2, G,3 and G4 serotypes, plus attachment protein serotype P7Total of three 2 mL doses administered orallyFirst dose given at 6-12 weeks of ageSubsequent doses administered at 4-10 week intervalsThird dose should not be given after 32 weeks of age Rotarix: 2-Dose Regimen Prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis caused by G1 and non-G! serotypes (G3, G4, and G9)Total of two 1 mL doses administered orallyAdminister first dose to infants beginning at 6 weeks of ageAdminister second dose after an interval of at least 4 weeks and prior to 24 weeks of age regards