Urine leakage

Hi doctor, while doing exercise or dancing or even when i sneeze, i experience urine leakage. This is extremely uncomfortable. Can this be treated by medicines or do i need to go for some surgery eyc.pls help!

Hello, I think you might have stress incontinence in this condition there is urine leakage if a person coughs, sneezes, laughs, jogs etc all the things which puts pressure on the bladder. It also occurs due to recurrent urinary tract infection,constipation or with intake of some medication or childbirth affecting pelvic muscles. Generally kegels exercise is helpful where one has to hold back passing urine in the middle of urination, identify the muscle which is helpful in holding back the urine during that time, now try to contract that muscle in the same way what u did while stopping urination.do this whenever you gey time and hold that in contracted form for atleast 10-15 secs for atleast 15 times thrice in a day helps to strengthen pelvic floor muscle, get treatment for urinary tract infection if you have it, take fibre rich foods to avoid constipation. Consult a gynecologist if its unbearable.
Dr. Vidhi Jain
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida
Hello, We can treat this problem by either surgery or medicines but Physiotherapy is a good alternative for this. We teach patient certain exercises called kegel's exercises along with certain machines which help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles who's weekness is responsible for such problems. So you can go for few Physiotherapy sessions prior going for any surgery. Free feel to consult me for your problem Thanks