Urgent help

This is my skin today. I had sensitive skin since as long as i remember, acne since lsdt 8_9 years. For that i used numerous treatment, creams gels on face. I used faceclin gel for last 5 years daily. I stopped in jan as it irritated my skin. Since then my facial skin is red dry when irritated. Im told it is rosacea. But the google images are scaring me, it says its alwats progressive, never goes sway. I'm depressed over it. Is it really not curable. I hsve attached a pic for reference.

Doctor Answers (1) on Urgent help

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! thanks for the query. Unfortunately description of your problem and the photo (single photo not showing the entire face) is not enough to make a diagnosis of Rosacea. This condition is not common in your age group and I am not convinced of this diagnosis. I am suspecting another skin condition known as "Perioral dermatitis" based on the photo (the distribution of rash with sparing of skin around lips). This condition is caused by the reaction to various creams/ lotions especially topical steroids. You mentioned of using many treatments before. On many occasions non dermatologists prescribe Steroid creams for treatment of acne which make it worse and can cause this condition (perioral dermatitis) after transient improvement. Please see a Dermatologist for thorough assessment and review of your medications. Both "Rosacea" and "Perioral Dermatitis" respond to course of antibiotics like "Tetracyclins" and avoidance of triggering factors. Even though Rosacea cannot be cured there are many treatment options available to control the symptoms. Perioral dermatitis tend to resolve completely after 2-3 months course of Tetracyclins.
Please visit a Dermatologist for evaluation and treatment of your condition.
Please do not make self diagnosis and check for information on the internet as many sources are unreliable and may not be pertinent to your problem. This is will cause unnecessary distress.