Upper lip swelling

This is for a Dentist, I had met with a major accident 4years ago. I lost 3 teeth on the upper row, lost a piece of bone as well. Teeth was replaced by building bridge with a ceramic one. There is a gap between the inner upper pallet and teeth. Quite often my upper lip swells and I underwent an apicoectomy - after 4 months again my lip started swelling. I need to complete antibiotic course to get rid of this swelling every 2 months. Please help me to have a permanent fix.

Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 30 yrs exp Mumbai

I would like to see the xrays plz.  Is there a root canal infection in one of the teeth for which the apicoectomy was done.  You may require a re root canal in one of your Abutment tooth.  Plz send ur pic and xray. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

An x ray will be able to highlight the exact cause of this recurrent swelling and only then can a dentist advise you with the right treatment plan for the future..... recurrent swelling is not a normal thing and should be treated appropriately according to the diagnosed problem so that there is permanent relief from this problem.... Regards. ...
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 16 yrs exp Bangalore

You mention about apicoectomy, kindly get an IOPA x-ray for the involved teeth. Repeated swelling only indicates infection. If you could post the X-ray a possible remedy can be suggested.
Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 8 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi definately there is some culprit stil there...may be a dead root canal tooth is there or a treated one needs attention again..anyways get ur x ray done post here if u need multiple and best opinions..best of luck take care..feel free to ask any further queries
Dr. Karan Chauhan
Dentist 12 yrs exp Allahabad
go for opg X rays so that it gives real picture of u r condition rt now
Dr. Amit Verma
Dentist 6 yrs exp Nainital
There may be some problems of your previous treatments...otherwise there is not any reason for recurrent swelling... Either some infective agent or infection remain in your underlaying tissues... This will be clear after diagnostic radiograph & opg...after that a permanent treatment will be decided... The best treatment is dental implant & bone grafting after removing the  cause of swelling..