Unprotected sex
Can Unprotected Sex be had The Day After Taking I Pill without leading to pregnancy? Took an I-pill in the morning and had unprotected sex for the next 48 hrs.. do you recommend one more dose of I-pill?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. No you need not repeat the ipill. It should cover you for up to 7 days. It does however depend on the time of your cycle. Please discuss your contraceptive needs with your gynaecologist. If you have repeated exposure with unprotected sex you are exposing yourself to more than just a risk of unwanted pregnancy, majorly a risk of acquiring several sexually transmitted infections some of which are not curable and have lifetime consequences . Besides, emergency contraception is just that - emergency contraception. If you need it more than twice in any cycle you need something more reliable which your gynaecologist can help you with. Hope this helps Best wishes