Unplanned pregnency
Hi, Recently me and my wife came to know that we are expecting and which is unplanned..consulted gynecologist.. As my wife is suffering from asthma we were suggested to go by abortion by pills instead we should opt for washing it out..please suggest what is better for us.. Thanks

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. What you have been recommended is correct. Abortion pills contain derivatives of prostaglandins which can trigger an asthma attack. A severe attack is harder to overcome if the cause is a medicine that is inside the body and is needed to stop bleeding. It would be safer to go for surgical evacuation as there are more facilities in theatre to treat as asthma attack if it occurs. best wishes