Underweight baby
My son is 3.3 years old , he is fussy eater.His weight is just 10 kg. He is also not talking properly. Can you guide what type of diet I should follow for his weight gain. He does not like milk, dal or sweets.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee (PhD)
Dietitian/Nutritionist 22 yrs exp Kolkata

Hallo - This is a common problem that Now a days most of the children in this age do no like foods to eat except junk like chips etc. So mothers v to be more patient to take time for staple meals atleast rice, roti etc. There is no alternative. Mother can prepare porridge, Dalia,dal soup, egg, fish like rohu,catla ( based on clean water). can give milk products instead of milk like chana, paner, curd, some mix vegetables ,sprouts at good. low oil,low cream but more nutritional ingredients/ foods are best for children..Can add banana,fruits juices 200ml per day. some more as he likes in dressing forms. .
Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

You can give him food in different forms. Try to include all foods so that proper nutrition can be gained.