Undergoing Prp treatment

I had been having severe hair fall from the past 1 year. So I was suggested to take 8 sessions of prp. Hair loss was greatly reduced after 2nd session, and I observed some hair regrowth(some tiny hair on my hair line) after the 3rd session. But after 4th session my hair fall started again. And 2 weeks ago I had my 5th session done, and I see no improvement in hair loss and hair regrowth. Is this common for all? Can i expect any improvement in hair and will the tiny hair in my hair line become thicker in the remaining 3 sessions? P.S. : My iron levels were little low at the begining of the treatment, but now it is normal after taking iron supplements. I have'nt discontinued any medicine that i had been using.

Doctor Answers (1) on Undergoing Prp treatment

Certain Dermatologists advice procedures like PRP therapy, platelet rich plasma therapy when needed which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP is rich in components needed for the hair to grow and become healthier. However it is a top-up treatment and has to be done in parallel to the main medications for hair fall. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. The cost of single session widely varies depending upon manual PRP preparation or automated and the expertise of the dermatologist. For manual prepared PRP it should be in the range of Rs 5000 to Rs 7000 for a single session, however this is an estimate. You should be on core medications for hair fall and not only on PRP
You can contact me on Prcto direct for peronal recommendations.