Unable to hear from left

Hi, I am unable to hear from left ear since last 7 8 days. My ENT checked in the ear with the rod having camera at the end and showed me on the screen my left ear on the other side of drum had mucus/cough and gave me some antibiotics and nose drops. My cough is very thick so i have to breath from mouth the entire night and most of the days. Using those drops allow me to breath thru nose for couple of hours. But my problem still stays the same.. i cannot hear from left ear. My friends are saying my eyes are swollen, does it have any relation with my left ear? Brief history abt me: - recently diagnosed with CKD and Hypertension - under medication with steriods and immunosuppressive Pls help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Unable to hear from left

Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Get a hearing assessment done. ( PTA and Tymapnometry) we have to see whether it is " Sudden sensorineural hearing loss " or "conductive hearing loss" due to fluid in the middle ear. Show the reports to a good ENT SURGEON.