Umbilical hernia

Married girl 5yrs,normal boy 5 months old csec.. i hav umbilical hernia n diastasis recti...i still look like 9 months pregnant..wat to i need to undergo surgery??plz help me out
views-icons 29 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Umbilical hernia

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, For adults, surgery is typically recommended to avoid possible complications — especially if the umbilical hernia gets bigger or becomes painful. During surgery, a small incision is made at the base of the bellybutton. The herniated tissue is returned to the abdominal cavity, and the opening in the abdominal wall is stitched closed. In adults, surgeons often use mesh to help strengthen the abdominal wall...Consult Surgeon for further treatment..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?