Ulcer on penis

Hi, I've noticed a small painless ulcer on my penis after having sex for the first time(both of us)..it also seems to heal..but it's been two weeks already..what are the chances of it being syphilis? It was initially a small tear as far as I know. Thank You.
views-icons 177 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. Any painless ulcer on the genitals is treated as suspicious of syphilis unless proved otherwise. This is because it is easy to diagnose and treat but the consequences of not doing so are so disastrous long term. I would urge you to see a doctor specialising in skin and DVD as soon as you can, preferably before the ulcer heals as this is the best opportunity to pick up direct proof of the organism causing it. If not you may be able to get a blood test. Most likely you and your partner need testing for the full range of sexually transmitted infections as they all travel together. Your doctor will give you the necessary treatment and advice regarding follow up too. please don't delay seeing your doctor. best wishes