diabetes-icon
Type 2 Diabetes
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes around 2 years back. fasting is between 90-110 and with food is 180-210. I take karela powder 30 minutes before meal. Also, do a mild exercises (not in routine) I have a software industry job of 10 hrs approx. Break fast and lunch time is fixed. But there is no fixed time of dinner. I skip some time, take salads or heavy food sometime. My question is is it necessary to take medicines? I mean I dont want my body to be dependent on diabetic medicines. I occasionally drink whisky (no other form of alcohol). 3-4 ciggs a day. my weight is 96 and height is 5'10. 2 years back I went to doctor as i got candidiasis on penis. so, there I came to know that its because of excessive sugar in body. From that day I have stopped eating sugar. Occasionally on festivals I take sweets. Please help me, the sugar is increasing slowly for me and I dont want to be a medicine dependent person. Organic things like karela powder, neem leaves, etc will help or not?

Doctor responses for similar questions

Dr. Sudeep Putta Manohar
Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
That is not surprising. Lifestyle changes are key to good diabetes control. Most tablets offer only a temporary benefit following which a dose increase is necessary. Concentrate on a healthy diet with lots of vegetables and fibre rich food. Cut down on sugars and fats. Moderate intensity exercises help.
Suggest a dietician consult and go back and discuss with your doctor
Link to question
Does this answer your question?
Dr. Anirban Biswas
Diabetologist 15 yrs exp Delhi
Okay. Send me your details along with the reports
Link to question
Does this answer your question?
Dr. R.Ravindranath
Diabetologist 42 yrs exp Chennai
You can eat melon Carbo, proteins 40℅ each fat 20℅
Link to question
Does this answer your question?