Twitches in chest center

Hi Docs, I have been experiencing twitching sensations in my chest since the last 1-1.5 months or so. What happens exactly is that I feel a very very minor shock or twitch/spasm in the center of my chest but a bit below the chest which lasts for less than a second. Earlier the frequency was less but in the last two days I have experienced it many times, about 5-6 times a day, or even more. I have not experienced this earlier in my life. I should mention that I do smoke, though not much but after these experiences I have decided to quit. I used to gym but I quit a month ago. I don't remember this problem when I was lifting heavy weights. I have also noticed though this might be a coincident that these twitches are more likely to occur if I have not eaten/slept for long. This twitching really makes me uncomfortable and stresses me out. I would love to hear any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance !!

Doctor Answers (1) on Twitches in chest center

Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | General Physician
Hi. I don't think there is a serious issue with you. Follow correct eating habits and timings. Have a good sleep habit too. The condition goes with Ayurveda diagnosis of udavarta. Ensure proper hydration and bowel habits. Drink water boiled with jeera and ajwain. Agter food, drink buttermilk added with hingu/asfoetida.