Trying to conceive

I have pcos, hypothyroidism, asthma, psoriatic arthritis and overweight. My age is 35. We have never tried for a baby earlier but would want to start a family now. However, I am scared due to the health problems that have cropped up in the past few years. Do you think I should even try for a baby or it's not advisable? Any tips and suggestions? I'm quite confused right now. Please help !

Doctor Answers (1) on Trying to conceive

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., If you're trying to become pregnant, you may need a medication to help you ovulate. Clomiphene is an oral anti-estrogen medication that you take in the first part of your menstrual cycle. If clomiphene alone isn't effective, your doctor may add metformin to help induce ovulation. If you don't become pregnant using clomiphene and metformin, your doctor may recommend using gonadotropins — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) medications that are administered by injection..