PCOS - Trying to conceive

Dear Sir/ Madam, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2013. I’m having irregular periods. I have been trying to conceive for last 2 years. My Gyn suggested laparoscopic ovarian drilling. Which tests will be need prior to the surgery ? what will be the approx. cost including surgery? Or Plz suggest fertility clinic (Best Doctor) in PUNE for this surgery. Plz reply. Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOS - Trying to conceive

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
Suggesting a treatment or a doctor is beyond the scope of this forum. You are wise enough to make a decision on your own.......PCOS has many types of treatments and the aim is to enable regular ovulation. This can be achieved by medicines or injections or even surgical procedures like ovarian drilling. ......usually ovarian drilling is recommended for RESISTANT PCOS cases where ovulation cannot be achieved by medicines or injections of adequate safe doses.........So you can go for it if you have not had good ovulation using medicines or injections........Even if a good ovulation is achieved , it may not be possible on every occasion and in such cases, usually some doctors ask for super ovulation using medicines and going for test tube baby ( IVF or ICSI )...... Pregnancy is not just about ovulation but if your partner also has a problem, then the better option would be to visit and gets services of a Artificial Reproductive Technology ( commonly called Test tube baby center ).......