diabetes-icon

Treatment for pcod

M suffering from pcod since 5-6 yrs.i consulted dr. She gave med n said do vigorous exercise.i followed that n reduced my weight frm 96 kg to 78 kg. Aftr that I joined mba cllg and due to hectic schedule of 12-13 hrs I was nt able to continue exercise. ..my weight was maintained since I was taking med even aftr discontinuation of exercise.thn I consulted some othr dr. She said dnt continue this med just follow diet..wen I followed that I started gaining weight again...n now m almost 95-96 again...now m confused wat to do...whether I should continue med or not.. to whom I should consult now .

Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 15 yrs exp Bhopal

In PCOD the weight loss help a lot but this weight loss also contributed by medicine "metformin" which is prescribed for PCOD. You should continue the medication and also consistent on exercise. Maintain a healthy weight. Consult your gynaecologist again.