Total retinal detachment with GRT
On 8th May my brother met with an accident while working, flying object hit his left eye. He was operated on the same day for corneal scelar tear. Doctors informed him that his retina is detached and he had to go for another surgery which can be planned after 1 week since his eye is already swollen due to 1st surgery. I wanna know about success rate for retina detachment surgery, how much it will cost me? Can he able to see after the surgery? Right now he can only see light and can count fingers from close distance. Thanks

Hello Prognosis depends on many factors like extention of retinal detachment, damage to retina,corneal tear, cataract etc Your treating ophthalmologist is best person to answer these questions clearly