Tooth decay

Which food item and drinks containing sugar can cause tooth decay...Also I have tooth sensitivity problem... What should I do to reduce sensitivity??

Doctor Answers (1) on Tooth decay

Archana Betur Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Tooth decay is usually caused by prolong retention of any sticky food containing sugar, frequent intake of sugary food/drinks & not rinsing your mouth after eating.
Do brush twice daily & avoid snacks inbet meals & rinse after every meal to avoid decay..
If you having teeth sensitivity, consult your dentist for your gingival health & even to rule out whether it is localized to one tooth or generalized accordingly treatment will differ .
If localized to particular tooth, its because of the exposure of dentin layer of the tooth, the the reason has to be found out & immediately get it treated by your dentist.
If it is generalized you can use any sensitive tooth paste with soft tooth brush & do massage your gums well & do get your teeth cleaned every 6 months for healthier gums.