There are so many causes of bleeding gums -
- brushing too hard
- poor oral hygiene.
- vitamin deficiency
- taking blood thinners or other medications
- bleeding or clotting disorders
- mouth sores
- other medical problems, including diabetes, heart disease, leukemia or scurvy
few advice to stop bleeding gums--
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
hi. bleeding gums indicate u have poor oral hygiene. pls get ur clean up done by ur dentist. also brush twice daily n floss regularly to avoid recurrence
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.