There are so many causes of bleeding gums -
- brushing too hard
- poor oral hygiene.
- vitamin deficiency
- taking blood thinners or other medications
- bleeding or clotting disorders
- mouth sores
- other medical problems, including diabetes, heart disease, leukemia or scurvy
few advice to stop bleeding gums--
- visit to a dentist for professional cleaning once in a year
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress.
- rinse with salt water to keep the area clean.
- Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.