Too much sleep
I have heard of insomnia, but i am facing the complete opposite of it. It becomes impossible for me get up in the mornings. And if i don't force myself can sleep upto 12 hours at a stretch. In general i sleep around 9-10 hrs a day. I want to reduce it, its hampering my professional life. Any medicine?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mathura
In addition with other advices given to you, go for thyroid profile investigation also.
Hi, Lifestyle modifications are important in managing the symptoms of excessive sleep. You may benefit from these steps: Stick to a schedule. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends...Take naps. Schedule short naps at regular intervals during the day. Naps of 20 minutes at strategic times during the day may be refreshing and reduce sleepiness for one to three hours. Some people may need longer naps....Avoid nicotine and alcohol. Using these substances, especially at night, can worsen your signs and symptoms....Get regular exercise. Moderate, regular exercise at least four to five hours before bedtime may help you feel more awake during the day and sleep better at night....